Careers Policy and Programme
PSHE helps to give young people the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy, safe and independent lives. It plays a vital role to play in ensuring that our core value of ‘No student will underachieve’ is a reality for all of our students. We want our students to be able to make Informed decisions about next steps in education and future careers. We aim to instil in our students a love of lifelong learning, so they can keep on improving and developing their skills over their lifetimes.
By the end of their time at Bosworth, students will be able to:
- Know and understand their broad options at the end of KS4 and KS5 – to have clear advice and information about all the options available and understand which ones are the best for individual situations and aspirations
- Know how the National qualifications framework works and the difference between the different levels of study, and understand how this relates to the next stage in their education and future career development and training
- Know what skills and qualities are sought after by employers, and match their own strengths to suitable careers
- Prepare and complete Post 16 and Post 18 applications
- Know how to interview successfully in a variety of contexts
- Know how to set realistic goals and be committed to self-improvement
- Have an opportunity to access real contact with the world of work through visits, talks or work experience. Be prepared for the opportunities and challenges of the world of work
Programme of Study
Bosworth Academy provides comprehensive Career, Enterprise, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme. Students can expect to receive the following.
|YEAR 7||YEAR 8|
|YEAR 9||YEAR 10|
|YEAR 11||YEAR 12|
All students have access to individual career guidance, as and when needed, from Mrs Gillespie, our Careers Coordinator.
Education and apprenticeship providers are regularly invited to speak to the students, either as a whole group or as small targeted groups.
Measuring impact and Evaluation
We are keen to measure the effectiveness and impact of our careers programme at Bosworth Academy, and this is done in a number of ways including student destination data and surveys. We are keen to gain feedback from a range of stakeholders including parents, students, teachers and employers. If you would like to give us feedback about our careers programme, please get in touch using the contacts below: