Can you write a story in just 50 words?
Here’s the prompt to get you started, but where the story goes from there is entirely up to you.
The competition includes four categories, Adult Writers, All-age Gaelic Writers, Young Writers 5-11 and Young Writers 12-18. The entries will be judged by a panel and the four winning stories will be published on our website roughly two weeks after the closing date.
A prize will be awarded to a writer in each category:
- Adult Writers: A Writing Mug from The Literary Gift Company.
- All-age Gaelic Writers: Excellent books from The Gaelic Books Council.
- Young Writers 5-11: A fun selection of books.
- Young Writers 12-18: A Moleskine notebook for future stories.
Whether you’re a seasoned writer or you’ve always fancied picking up a pen, why not give it a go?
Prompt: Write a story featuring a pair of headphones
How to Enter
Entries for our June competition are currently open. Submit your story by Tuesday 25 June 2019 at noon.
- You can submit one entry to one category per month. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before entering.
- To submit your story, please complete the form below. You will receive a confirmation message on screen after submitting.
- We welcome entries in Scots or Scottish Gaelic for both categories and thank The Gaelic Books Council for their support in judging our entries.
- Please note that we no longer send acknowledgement emails and due to the large number of entries, we are not able to offer individual feedback.
- If you have any questions about the competition, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org