Sixth Form Admissions Process
Bosworth Academy welcomes applications from all students who hope to study with us at post 16.
We encourage applicants from other schools, many of which join us every year. Every applicant will be invited to attend a one to one guidance meeting to provide support and professional advice during this important transition. Please contact us at the Academy if you require further information or a guided tour.
Level 3 (AS/A-Level and BTEC Level 3)
A full A Level is a 2 year course.
The AS is a qualification in its own right. BTECs are more vocational courses and assessed mostly through assignments.
- All students intending to take A-Levels at Bosworth Academy will be expected to have at least grade 5 in both GCSE English Language and Maths as well as 3 other GCSEs at grade 5 or equivalent.
- For places on particular courses, applicants must also meet the additional entry requirements for those courses listed in the Level 3 Course Directory.
- Students are expected to choose 4 courses which can include Extended Project.
- Students achieving grade 4 in English Language and Maths as well as at least 3 other GCSE grade 5 or higher in different subjects will be able to access some level 3 courses.
- To progress from AS Level to A Level, students must pass that subject and must achieve at least 2 AS Level passes – not including the extended project qualification.
Individual subject requirements can be found on the Course Summary guide found on the Prospectus page.
Please contact our Sixth Form team to discuss your requirements further.