Use the links below to access useful exams information:
- Letter to parents/carers regarding grade appeals [pdf] and Appeals Form 2021 [pdf]
- JCQ Student Appeals Guide 2021 [pdf]
- Ofqual Student Guide To Awarding Summer 2021 [pdf]
- Bosworth Academy Centre Policy for A/AS Levels and GCSEs for Summer 2021 [pdf]
For further information on exams at Bosworth Academy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Any students wishing to retake exams should contact email@example.com Your email should contain: – Your full name – The subject you wish to retake in October/November.
Details of the proposed dates will be posted next week.
A level and GCSE Results
Congratulations on receiving your results and we hope you are able to move on to your next chosen pathway.
There’s a range of options available for students who are unhappy with their grades – and feel they can’t progress with the results they’ve received.
Students moving on to higher education can speak to the college or university you have applied for to check if you can still be accepted with the grades received. If this isn’t possible, you can look for other related courses or other colleges and universities that will accept the grades received.
Students who would like the chance to improve their grade can still sit exams in the autumn. If you wish to resit exams in the autumn series please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will also have the right to appeal grade(s) if you feel there’s been a genuine error in the determination of your grade. Students should be aware that grades could go up, down, or stay the same.
The Appeals Process
If you feel a grade is wrong, there’s an appeals process unique to this summer.
There are three stages to the appeals process:
- Stage one: Centre review – students can first ask us to carry out a centre review if you think there was a mistake in determining or submitting the grade
- Stage two: Exam board appeal – if no errors are found but you still believe the grade is wrong, you can then ask us to submit a formal appeal on your behalf to the exam board
- Stage three: Exam Procedures Review Service (EPRS) – if you have completed the appeals process and are concerned that the exam board hasn’t followed their appeals process correctly, you may be able to apply to the EPRS for a procedural review.
If you wish to appeal your grade and this is a priority appeal (this is for A level students who can not progress onto their next pathway) the deadline to submit your appeal to the school is Monday 16th August. This is to ensure that the school can meet the deadline set by exam boards.
For all other appeals at AS/A level and GCSE, the deadline to submit your appeal to the school is Friday 3rd September.
To submit an appeal, please fill in the form on the exams section of the website entitled ‘Appeals Form 2021’. Initially, you will fill in the first section and send this to email@example.com