Bosworth Academy students and staff are celebrating another brilliant set of GCSE results. Outcomes have been incredibly high in a range of GCSE subjects and are particularly strong in the reformed GCSEs English Language, English Literature and Maths (graded 9 to 1).
Students have made excellent progress in their time with us since joining Bosworth Academy. Despite only being at the Academy for two years students have made dramatic progress in this short period of time. The new content of the reformed GCSEs is more demanding and controlled assessments have been removed, yet our students have continued to achieve the highest grades (many 9’s) and show immense improvements in their learning. We are now looking forward to many of our students joining us in our Sixth Form.
Bosworth Academy is a highly inclusive school and take students from a range of educational backgrounds. The staff focus on ensuring that learning is relevant, engaging and creative so that students are engaged in what they do and aspire to ‘be better than they thought they could be’.
Simon Brown, Head of School said, “We are thrilled at the achievement of our students this year. They have worked incredibly hard since joining us for the the start of their GCSEs and achieved well beyond what they even thought was possible – showing a real growth mindset. Staff and students have worked creatively and collaboratively to overcome the challenges faced by new GCSEs and this has resulted in brilliant outcomes.”
The new grading structure is not directly comparable to the A*-G system so comparisons to previous years cannot be made at this early stage. Further information will follow on our website at a later date.
Some of the individual achievements include:
GCSE Top Performers
- Deevani Jina – 9 in Maths, 6A*, 1A, 7 Eng Lang and Lit
- Victoria Broomfield – 9 in Eng Lang, 9 Maths 1A*, 4A, 2B, 7 Eng Lit
- Max Barker – 9 in Maths, 5A*, 2 A, 6 Eng Lit, 5 Eng Lang
- Emily Beckwith-Chandler - 9 in Eng Lang, 8 Maths, 4A*, 4A, 7 Eng Lit
- Rosey Collins – 9 in Eng Lit, 8 Eng Lang, 8 Maths, 4A*, 2A
- Rory Cunningham – 8 in Maths, 4A*, 2A, 7 Eng Lit, 1 B, 6 Eng Lang
- Harvey French – 3A*, 3A, 1C, 7 and 8 in English Lang and Lit, 7 Maths
- Kiera Goodwin-Hill - 9 in Eng Lang 2A*, 4A, 1B, 8 Maths, 7 Eng Lit
- Shania Singh - 9 in Maths, 3A*, 4A, 8 and 7 Eng Lang and Lit
- Katie Twelves – 9 in Eng Lang, 3A*, 4A, 7 Eng Lit and Maths
- Adam Watson – 9 in Eng Lang, 8 Maths and Eng Lit, 2A*, 3A, 2B
- Miranda Watson – 9 in Eng Lang, 8 Maths and Eng Lit, 3A*, 3A
- Inithini Geevakumar – 9 in English Lit, 8 in Eng Lang and Maths, 5A*, Dist* and 1B
Proud mother of Harvey French said “To say I am proud is an understatement, we are both delighted with Harvey’s results across the board. Everyone at Bosworth has been amazing and I can’t thank them enough for their support and encouragement”. Harvey achieved 3A*, 3A, 1C, a 7 and 8 in English Language and Literature. He also gained a 7 in Maths and will continue his studies at Bosworth Academy.
Both the parents of Katie Twelves and Rory Cunningham talked about the exceptional support the teachers had given their children. Mrs Twelves said “The masterclasses and revision sessions were great and the way English provided support at the beginning of Year 11 was fantastic”. Mr and Mrs Cunningham both said “the opportunities and creative feedback provided by teachers really helps students achieve their very best”. Rory achieved 4A*, 2A, 1 B, a 6 and 7 in English Language and Literature and an 8 in Maths. Katie achieved 3A*, 4A, a 7 in both English Literature and Maths and an outstanding 9 in English Language. Both students are looking to continue their studies at Bosworth Academy.
What you need to know about the new GCSE grades: Gov.uk New GCSE Grades 9 to 1 [link]