Bosworth Academy Sixth Form students and staff are celebrating brilliant A level and AS level qualifications this summer.
This year, following the cancellation of exams, grades were awarded through a process of teacher assessed grades, against a national standard and approved and awarded by the exam boards. The government is not publishing performance data for any schools or colleges this year due to the varying impact of the pandemic.
“We are immensely proud of all the work and achievements of our students, especially after such a difficult and disrupted year. Our students faced challenges like never before but remained resilient and determined to achieve their very best. This summer we celebrate our student’s incredible perseverance, resoluteness and continued dedication to study throughout their A/AS levels. The results they have achieved today are incredible, particularly when you consider the obstacles they have faced.
Their achievements are a testimony to the commitment of our staff who worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic, ensuring high-quality learning continued whether students were in school or working remotely. These efforts have enabled our students to progress onto higher education or employment, and we look forward to seeing what our students will achieve in the future.”
Simon Brown Headteacher
“We are incredibly impressed by the attitude and commitment our students have shown throughout their A level courses. They have demonstrated tremendous resilience and their hard work has been rewarded with so many students achieving excellent results. Both staff and students were disappointed that students were unable to sit their exams, but they quickly adapted their approach. This year’s teacher assessed grades will help many of our students secure their first choice destination in higher education, apprenticeships or employment. Recognition should also go to parents and carers, and our superb staff for the dedicated support they have given our students throughout their studies. I wish our students the very best for the future and look forward to seeing where it takes them. We hope many will keep in touch.”
Louise Holdback, Assistant Head of School – Sixth Form Leader
Some individual successes included:
This year we have seen outstanding success with 12 students achieving 3 or more A* grades at A level. These include;
- Yogan Amlani achieved A* in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Extended Project Qualification and is going to read Medicine at University of Leicester.
- Ella Graham achieved A* in Chemistry, Maths, Physics and Further Maths and is going to read Maths at the University of Oxford.
- Eve Coope achieved A* in Art, English Language and Media Studies alongside an A grade in EPQ and is going to study an Art Foundation course at Loughborough University.
- Joseph Densham achieved A* in Chemistry , Maths and Physics and is going to read Chemistry at Durham University.
- Fabien Faria achieved A* in Chemistry, Maths and Physics and an A grade in Further Maths. He is going to read Theoretical Physics at University of York.
- Urvi Modha achieved A* in Maths, Further Maths and PE, and an A in Physics and is going to read Maths at the University of Leicester.
- William Oliver achieved A* in Art, English Literature and Geography, and an A in Maths and is going to read Psychology and Linguistics at the Lancaster University.
- Eve Redfern achieved A* in Biology, Chemistry and Maths, and is planning to read Medicine after a gap year.
- James Le Grice achieved A* in Computer Science, Maths, Physics and Further Maths and is going to read Maths at the University of Warwick.
- Ella Steans achieved A* in Biology, Chemistry and History, and is going to read Medicine at the University of Leicester.
“We are thrilled with Ella’s results and would like to thank all teachers who have taught her. Bosworth staff have shown such confidence in her capabilities and supported her so well throughout her studies.”
Mr and Mrs Graham, parents of Ella